RHT questions

The Third Generation ('06-??)

RHT questions

Postby uber'ed » December 20th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Anyone here have a RHT for the NC? Got mine, but the roll bar (HardDog) has clearance issues. Can't make it latch easily, so I removed the frankenbolts, doubled up on the nylon washers, it mounts, but has a gap under the window. Right now, it has some PepBoys weather stipping , and seems to seal well. Any other ideas on how so solve this issue. Couldn't even order a liquid silver top, had to settle for a brilliant black on a silver car.
ed
uber'ed
Contributing Member

Re: RHT questions

Postby NicholasJay » December 20th, 2011, 9:26 pm

I had one when I had my NC; I'll have to think a bit. Wasn't the HD bar supposed to fit without issue?
This space is intentionally left blank... Or is it?
NicholasJay
Board Member

Re: RHT questions

Postby skeeler » February 14th, 2012, 1:31 pm

I believe the HD bar is advertised to fit under the soft top without issues. A friend in Atlanta with an '09 identical to mine (the same guy who sold me the '95) bought the Hard Dog sport for his car, but ran into the same problem. He eventually got Tom at Hard Dog to make him a new, slightly shorter one, but I'm I think he paid for it.

On a related note, the same guy tells me Tom is working on a Hard Core bar. It's not clear to me how it will differ; I'm asking about that. From the context, it may only work on cars with the soft top removed.

Also, if anyone hears of an NC hard top for sale, please let me know.
Michael

'09: DD & STR. '95: HPDE. '04 MSM: Sold. '10 Mazda3: Hers.
skeeler
Contributing Member

Return to NC Chat