Leeching off of the donut thread's popularity...

Share your favorite twisty drives!!

Leeching off of the donut thread's popularity...

Postby Pscheoverdrive » December 14th, 2007, 4:56 pm

Are there any good places to learn to drift? I'd prefer a remote area that you could hang around in for a while...

I'm in Bethesda, but my 240-driving-friend lives in Columbia, so anywhere in between here and there would be cool... We're willing to drive a little North, too.
Pscheoverdrive

Postby moxnix » December 14th, 2007, 6:00 pm

I would suggest checking out http://drift411.com/forums/

The best way to learn how to drift is to go to a school to learn not just some place where nobody is that you can try it out.

I know they do drifting out at old dominion speedway in manassas and at summit point raceway and I think they hold drifting schools in both locations.

You will find on this forum that most of us are more into track and autox rather than drifting (the ice skating of motorsports :P )
moxnix
Contributing Member

Postby djarum69 » December 14th, 2007, 9:36 pm

Drift Nirvana seems to be running at Summit with reasonable frequency.
Trying to control this thing is kind of like trying to make oatmeal cry. It's like trying to use the president's mouth to make out with God's middle name. It's like trying to stir diarrhea with your dog's sense of humor.
// Silver '02 LS //
djarum69
Board Member

Postby redhardtop95 » December 15th, 2007, 2:43 am

drift Nirvana

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/56b5 ... 4a47eb.htm

~7:20 = Miata drift :)

I want those hood latches he has..
Tom
1995 Classic Red Miata
===============
redhardtop95
Contributing Member

Postby IH82BL8 » December 16th, 2007, 2:44 pm

I want a front Racing Beat front end like that...oh, wait, I have one.
IH82BL8
Officer

Postby IH82BL8 » December 16th, 2007, 2:56 pm

What about these?

Linky
IH82BL8
Officer

Postby redhardtop95 » December 16th, 2007, 3:49 pm

yeah, they have locking ones also, same price i think, if so id get them instead just because they lock and i dont trust people around my way lol :)
Tom
1995 Classic Red Miata
===============
redhardtop95
Contributing Member

Postby Pscheoverdrive » December 17th, 2007, 9:53 pm

Well, that's nice if you've got the money... My friends and I are kind of broke.

But, while that's something I'm interested in, I feel like I'd get the most out of it after I played around on my own first. Do some donuts, figure 8s and get a better feel of the car and how to manipulate the weight somewhat.
Pscheoverdrive

Postby djarum69 » December 18th, 2007, 11:23 am

Pscheoverdrive wrote:Well, that's nice if you've got the money... My friends and I are kind of broke.

But, while that's something I'm interested in, I feel like I'd get the most out of it after I played around on my own first. Do some donuts, figure 8s and get a better feel of the car and how to manipulate the weight somewhat.

You'll learn so much more about drifting without breaking your car with a teacher. If you want to get a handle on car control, go to an autocross. Less chance of getting in legal trouble, and you'll have the opportunity to see just how bad a driver you really are. :twisted:
Trying to control this thing is kind of like trying to make oatmeal cry. It's like trying to use the president's mouth to make out with God's middle name. It's like trying to stir diarrhea with your dog's sense of humor.
// Silver '02 LS //
djarum69
Board Member

Postby WildMride » February 10th, 2008, 6:56 am

redhardtop95 wrote:drift Nirvana

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/56b5 ... 4a47eb.htm

~7:20 = Miata drift :)

I want those hood latches he has..

i got a ride with him at the last drift nirvana event its pretty crazy. yea good place to learn to drift would be drift nirvana or slideways
1995 Montego Blue Miata

rsr exhaust, obx header, magnaflow performance cat, Ksport coilovers, mmr solid motor and diff mounts, 9lb fidanza flywheel, act 4 puck clutch, act pressure plate, short shifter, depowered steering rack, hvac everything removed, soft top delete, driver and passenger airbag delete, flush mount headlights (still incomplete)
WildMride
Lapsed Member

Postby redhardtop95 » February 10th, 2008, 2:39 pm

do you know where i can find more pictures of that car? and what does he have done to it?
Tom
1995 Classic Red Miata
===============
redhardtop95
Contributing Member

Postby WildMride » February 17th, 2008, 11:37 pm

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... mId=484136
theres some more pics of his car, lol he drives that thing daily too

he posts alot on http://www.roadsterdrift.com/forums/index.php?, so you might find some more pics there

i know his car is turbo'd he has stance coilovers on on it but dont know much more than that.
1995 Montego Blue Miata

rsr exhaust, obx header, magnaflow performance cat, Ksport coilovers, mmr solid motor and diff mounts, 9lb fidanza flywheel, act 4 puck clutch, act pressure plate, short shifter, depowered steering rack, hvac everything removed, soft top delete, driver and passenger airbag delete, flush mount headlights (still incomplete)
WildMride
Lapsed Member

Return to Miata Roads