Andover Back Roads - Fun, Fun, Fun

Share your favorite twisty drives!!

Postby IslandGirlejfan's Miata » September 29th, 2004, 10:08 pm

Andover High School in Linthicum is my Alma Mater and "back in the day" (doesn't matter when that day was....LOL!) I dated a lot of guys that had "sports cars" and we used to ride the "Andover back roads" in the morning on the "way" to school. Mike and I just rediscovered the roads with the Miata and even though they have been altered somewhat with all the building in the area, they are still a fun way to get from Linthicum to Route 1 in Elkridge! If you happened to be in the Linthicum area, take west Nursery road and make a right on River Road and zig and zag until you get to the stop sign. About 200 yards past the stop, make a right which will be Furnace Avenue. You will go under the Amtrak train tunnel, following Furnace Avenue until you get to the next right which will take you out to Old Route 1. Make a right onto Levering Avenue and you will be at the intersection of Route 1 and Levering Avenue. You can continue the ride crossing Route 1 and going past the aqueduct and going up Lawyers Hill Road. Fun ride! :cool:
--
THE IslandGirl...Sharon
I'm a Poster Child for SUNSHINE!
Proud co-owner of Bloo & Casper
LILred RIP :(!

It's HOT in TOPEKA!
IslandGirlejfan's Miata
Contributing Member

Postby skierd » September 30th, 2004, 9:06 pm

Cool. Thats really close to my house too!
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.

2000 Honda Civic Si - #75 STS for '06
1990 Miata - dead and sold, SNC failure
1998 Hyundai Accent L - FSP '05, sold

http://www.cardomain.com/id/skierd
skierd

Return to Miata Roads