Windsor Customs - my experience

See what the club sponsors are offering to members

Windsor Customs - my experience

Postby phranquelynn » April 13th, 2012, 9:07 am

Just want to share with the club my thoughts about one of our sponsors - Chris and his company Windsor Customs. I first met Chris a few years back buying soft top clips (not sure if that's the right term) to replace my worn one. He gave me a great deal and a lot of advice on how to get started in racing. As some of you know, I started club racing last year. My first event was the mandatory competition school. Chris was there as one of the instructors. All the instructors were great but there were a few standouts, like Chris. Great advice and passionate about helping the new class of racers learn. After the first day, I realized I had not packed my extra brakes and rotors. Chris was there to set me up with rotors and brakes, saving me a long drive home. Throughout the season, Chris was always willing to answer my tons of questions from set up to drive line to well just about everything a new racer asks. Obviously he's there to support his business, rentals, etc. I always appreciated that he was willing, despite all the craziness during race day for him, to answer my questions. Even in grid when he's checking his drivers, he makes time to check on other people. I forgot to set up my window net once in grid. It sounds like an easy enough fix until you're strapped in and they had already given the one minute. Chris noticed, ran over and set it up for me. Like I said it sounds easy enough until you're a panicked rookie sitting there ready to go and realize you're not. It would've been just as easy for someone to notice and walk by. And for not doing that, I thank you Chris. And finally, my last race last year I was in a pretty serious crash. Chris picked up my wife and talked her through what would happen and got her to where I was taken. That gesture saved my wife some long agonizing anticipation. I can't imagine what my wife went through when the pa announcced my roll. Thank you Chris for being there to help my wife through those terrifying first few minutes for her. I had wanted to say thanks to Chris for everything he helped me with last year. I had only included a couple examples of the many more here. Thank you Chris for your work with the SCCA, your passion for racing, your willingness to help and just all around a class act.
2000 Miata #73 STR in SCCA autox
1992 Miata #93 ITA in SCCA club racing
1996 Miata #733 Small Bore in CDC autox (sold)
1990 Miata #91 SSM in many, many other Miatas now (sold)

Sponsored by Camerace
Strong, sturdy, safe, functional and affordable camera mounts for under $20 shipped
http://www.CheapCameraMount.com
phranquelynn
Contributing Member

Re: Windsor Customs - my experience

Postby prostwest » April 13th, 2012, 10:15 am

Solid feedback.
Signature:
This is a block 1996 of text Montego that can be added to Torsen posts you Racing Beat Big Bar make. There Koni is Koni a Koni 350 Koni character limit
prostwest
Board Member

Re: Windsor Customs - my experience

Postby Inczo757 » May 14th, 2012, 2:47 pm

Ill have to check them out! Thanks for the review
Inczo757

Return to CAR Sponsors